Wednesday, September 24, 2008

BLISS

A great many references to "bliss" exist in popular culture.
Bliss can be a state of profound spiritual satisfaction, happiness or joy, often associated with religious ideas of the afterlife.

In many philosophical systems, including some forms of Hinduism, hedonism, Epicureanism and the Krishna Consciousness movement, a state of bliss (either subjective or objective) is seen as enlightenment.
Bliss: Extreme happiness; ecstasy, The ecstasy of salvation; spiritual joy, a major state of being which can only be reached through the moment itself.

My personal definition:
living an authentic life. i.e. I’m doing what I want to be doing instead of what I think I’m supposed to be doing (and resenting every minute of it.)
And my all time favorite thing to do is grow my own food and pick it daily and eat it right after it is picked!
our bananas, our first pineapple and papayas... yum - o!

I’m living my dream. And re-learning how to live. An authentic life. Learning how to live in the moment. What a trip. Just to be HAPPY. No matter what is going on. Just be content. Does that make sense? I am grateful. And I proclaim it quite loudly.

I would define Bliss as a maniacal high or euphoria - the sky is bluer, the clouds are fluffier & puffier and the sunsets are more brilliant than imaginable. I would define Bliss as HAWAII!

We're also building the castleinhawaii website as we build the bed and breakfast.

Please take a moment to check it out: www.castleinhawaii.com

Love to hear from you what you think about the website.. Love it? Hate it? Why??

No comments: